Saturday, November 19, 2011

News from Judi B


Tomato Bisque quilt top . . .


She writes: I taught a 5-day version of the Tomato workshop I did at PB2010 at Quilting By the Lake in July. After watching what the students did, I couldn't wait to get home and get to work on my version. First 'repeat-block' quilt I've done in a l-o-n-g time. I'm just amazed that I've learned how to send an attachment. (Note attachment above, actually sent digitally.)


Detail of Afternoon Breeze


I've been wanting to heads-up you to Google ROY BUTLER's "Afternoon Breeze" bronze sculpture in Boulder City NV. We came upon it on our Out West trip. She is so so beautiful. For a minute I thought it was my grand-mother.
(Click here to open a rather large PDF with pictures of the whole sculpture.
http://www.roywbutler.com/pdfs/afternoon_breeze.pdf )
Our trip was fabulous - - - fun to take a guy who spent his life in the tropics to see what rocks really look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment