Friday, August 5, 2011

Interview with Sue F.

The Quilt Alliance has posted an interview with Sue. Click here to read the 2009 Save Our Stories interview:


Moment

Here's quote about the quilting:
"It's all done by machine. I have a Bernina industrial machine in my studio and it's a [real.] work horse. I've only burnt it out once. [laughs.] I do a lot of heavy duty quilting with this machine. This is a queen size quilt and when it's on the wall, as you can see in one of the pictures, it hangs diagonally. I've done a series of these pieces that I call "wall blankets." I don't call them quilts, but the technique I use is quilting. My main body of work is really mixed media as I use a lot of recycled materials. I'm working a lot on canvases now and this work is similar to my "wall blankets."

No comments:

Post a Comment