Sunday, May 27, 2012

Note from Sally


Hi Ladies,

I think I have heard from everyone who wants to be heard.  The vote was split down the middle with 17 gals wanting to stay at the Y, 17 gals choosing Earthrise, 22 gals would go to either place and 6 gals abstained from voting.  I have heard from some gals that they won't be returning to Point Bonita and from some that they can't do Earthrise.

My emotions have run the gamut during this time and I have vacillated between both sites several times.  What that told me is change is very hard, and I don't want our retreat to end.  But in my heart, I cannot continue at the Y, and  the one thing I have learned, probably the hard way, is to be true to myself.  What the Y offers that cannot be duplicated is the magnificent view of the ocean and city and listening to the fog horn.  What it lacks in accommodations, it makes up for in price.

Over the last 2 years, I have visited many sites and they all fell short of Pt Bonita.  Then I visited Earthrise and I knew this could work.  The facilities are beautiful, updated and clean.  The people are incredibly professional and attentive to our needs. We can drink and eat to our hearts' content, and we can fit in the workspace provided.  I have not been able to achieve all of those requirements at any other retreat sight.  As for, exclusivity- we will get our own sleeping chalets and no one will be walking through our workroom.  There is no doubt in my mind that the hill obstacle at Earthrise can be overcome. 


In fact, it already has.  6 gals have volunteered to shuttle everyone back and forth, and Earthrise Management said we can park 2 cars in front of The West Room/Dorms in order to do this.
 

I don't want our retreat to end, and I hate change as much as you.  I am willing to offer and run Earthrise as an alternative to PB, so we can stay together.  But I need your understanding, patience and willingness to try something new in order to accomplish this.  I have worked very hard (for free) for 2 years to keep us going.  Can you imagine how hard I will work to keep you happy at Earthrise with a little salary!  I know you will love it there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment