Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kimberley Walking for the Cure


Notes from Kimberley
Yes, I'm doing it - I signed up for the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure! I am walking in honor of many survivors and in memory of those I / WE have lost.

This event isn't easy, but I promise you, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't believe 100% that it was worth every sore muscle, weary night and training walk!



Friday


Greetings all...One down and two to go!!! All went well today, my knees and heels are sore, but all in all O K. We took a beautiful route through Del Mar, La Jolla, Pacific Beach and ended up at Crown Point. Looking forward, I think, to tomorrow where we will again hit the coast but further south: Ocean Beach & Point Loma. Rain is in the forecast, looks like a cold and wet day. We will see.



Keep me in your thoughts and THANKS SO MUCH for your support. Kim







Saturday


Well it was a bit wet and very blustery today. One of those so unusual for us in Sunny Southern California. The water was rushing down the streets of Ocean Beach and Point Loma like I have never seen. For those of you not in SO CA, the whole county is soaking up the rain. I didn't get as far as I would have liked to today but it was just to windy, wet and slippery for me, so I didn't make it to the finish, but plan on giving it another shot for the third and final day tomorrow. My hat is off to those that went the distance, but I know my limits...


Thanks for all the good thoughts and comments. I'll give you the wrap up tomorrow. Kimberley

.

No comments:

Post a Comment